An Outstanding School – June 2013
Inspection dates 19 - 20 June 2013
Ofsted Report June 2013 - download a copy of the full report
Overall Effectiveness: Outstanding
|Achievement of pupils||Outstanding||1|
|Quality of teaching||Outstanding||1|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils||Outstanding||1|
|Leadership and management||Outstanding||1|
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
- The headteacher, governors and staff have very high aspirations for students. Teachers create a lively and productive learning environment in which students thrive.
- Students’ achievement is very high across subjects and Key Stages. Students make exceptionally good progress in English and Mathematics.
- Teaching is consistently good and often outstanding. Students learn quickly and thoroughly as well as gaining high levels of enjoyment from their studies.
- Students’ work is often of a very high standard. Students are enthusiastic, creative and imaginative as well as thoughtful in their work. They develop their personal and social skills very well.
- Students’ behaviour is exemplary in lessons and around the school. They work very well together and are proud of their school.
- Students’ safety is given high priority. Students know how to keep themselves safe and who to go to for help. High levels of respect exist between students and staff, and the atmosphere is harmonious and happy.
- The headteacher and senior managers manage the school very efficiently and ensure that teachers improve their practice, including by using frequent lesson observations which inform rigorous performance management.
- Governance is highly effective. Governors are skilled and experienced. They monitor all aspects of the school’s work closely.
- The Sixth Form is outstanding because students’ achievement is very high, they are prepared very well for their next steps and many improvements have been made to the provision successfully.
Message from Frances Manning, Headteacher
This is a fantastic achievement and one of which the whole school community can be very proud. I am delighted with the report and the comments made by the inspection team. It reflects our own assessment of the school’s performance and recognises the hard work and involvement of our students, staff, governors and parents. The students, as always, were a credit to themselves and their parents and carers, and I would really like to thank them for their hard work and excellent attitudes. I would also like to say well done and thank you to all the staff in school for the continuous hard work, enthusiasm and teamwork that they show in everything we undertake.