Financial & Family Support
Financial help can be available to support your child’s education. This can be for school meals, music lessons, school journeys & day trips and support for Sixth Form students. Further information is available below, or contact the finance office on 01462 621300.
Free School Meals
Your child could get a free school meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don’t get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Apply today if you receive any of these benefits. It takes 5 minutes and in most cases you will be told straightaway if your child can get free meals at school.
Or call 0300 123 4048 if you live in Hertfordshire.
When you call to apply for free school meals, please have the following information ready:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number
Please be assured that the process of purchasing a Free School Meal in school is completely confidential. Credit will be allocated to a student’s Dining Room account to purchase a meal of the day in the same way as non-Free School Meal students.
Support for the purchase of school uniforms can be obtained at by completing the form below and returning it to:
Clerk to the Hitchin Educational Foundation
Messrs John Shilcock
Herts SG5 1NQ
If you have any queries, please contact the Clerk:
Telephone: 01462 459154/454144
Financial support is available for curriculum focussed school journeys. To discuss whether you are eligible, please contact the finance office (01462 621300).
Other Financial Support
If you live in Hitchin you can apply to Hitchin Youth Trust (http://hitchinyouthtrust.co.uk/ ) for additional financial support. If you live in Ickleford you can apply to Rand’s Educational Foundation, (http://www.icklefordpc.com/html/rands_foundation.html ) especially for support for students transferring to university.
Please contact the Hitchin Partnership for information on the Family Support that is available.