Students in the Sixth Form are required to wear:
- A skirt, dress or trouser suit. Jackets are a compulsory part of the uniform.*
- The suit can be worn with your own choice of shirt or top in any colour, but without logos.
- Skirts must be of a reasonable length for work, no shorter than 5cm above the knee - stretch tube skirts are not acceptable.
- Jumpers should be plain and smart.
- Shoes or boots may be worn but no ‘Ugg’-style boots, Dr. Martens boots, plimsolls or trainers.
- Your Sixth Form lanyard must be worn at all times.
- Natural hair colour or highlights.
*A jacket must be worn when walking around school, as well as for assemblies and other formal occasions (this is relaxed during the hot weather).
- Low-cut, cropped or spaghetti-strap tops
- Tube skirts.
- Leggings or Jeans.
- Hoodies or sweatshirts.
- ‘Ugg’-style boots, 'Dr Martens'-style boots, plimsolls (this includes Converse and Vans), or trainers.
- No visible facial piercings apart from earrings and/or a nose stud.
- No extreme hair colour - natural colours and highlights only.
Please remember you are a role model for our younger students and representatives of Hitchin Girls' School in the community.