Students in the Sixth Form are required to wear:
- A skirt, dress or trouser suit. Jackets are a compulsory part of the uniform.*
- The suit can be worn with your own choice of shirt or top in any colour, but without logos.
- Skirts must be of a reasonable length for work. Stretch tube skirts are not acceptable.
- Combat-style trousers and leggings are not permitted.
- Shoes or boots may be worn but no ‘Ugg’-style boots, plimsolls or trainers.
- One visible face piercing only - a single nose piercing, which must be a stud.
- Hair and makeup should be of natural colours.
- Your House lanyard must be worn at all times unless directed otherwise by a member of staff.
*A jacket must be worn when walking around school, as well as for assemblies and other formal occasions (this is relaxed during hot weather).
- Cropped or spaghetti-strap tops.
- Tube skirts.
- Leggings, combats or jeans.
- Hoodies or sweatshirts.
- ‘Ugg’-style boots, plimsolls (this includes Converse and Vans), or trainers.
- No visible facial piercings apart from earrings and/or a nose stud.
- No extreme hair colour - natural colours and highlights only.
Please remember you are a role model for our younger students and representatives of Hitchin Girls' School in the community.