Skip to content ↓

Financial Support

Financial help can be available to support your child’s education. This can be for school meals, music lessons and school trips, as well as support for Sixth Form study. Further information is available below - or contact our Finance Office on 01462 621300.

Free School Meals

Your child could get Free School Meals if you receive any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (as long as you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don’t get more than £16,190 a year)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).

Apply today if you receive any of these benefits. It takes 5 minutes and in most cases you will be told straightaway if your child can get free meals at school:

Alternatively call 0300 123 4048 if you live in Hertfordshire.

When you call to apply for Free School Meals, please have the following information ready:

  • National Insurance numbers and dates of birth of you and your partner
  • Dates of birth of your children
  • If you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number

Please be assured that the process of purchasing a Free School Meal in school is completely confidential. Credit will be allocated to a student’s Dining Room account to purchase a meal each day, in the same way as non-Free School Meal students.

Uniform support

Support for the purchase of school uniform can be obtained by completing the form below and returning it to:

Clerk to the Hitchin Educational Foundation
Messrs John Shilcock
99 Bancroft
Herts  SG5 1NQ

If you have any queries, please contact the Clerk: 
Telephone: 01462 459154 / 454144  

More info

School trips

Financial support is available for curriculum-related school journeys. To discuss whether you are eligible, please contact the finance office on 01462 621300.

Other financial support

If you live in Hitchin you can apply to Hitchin Youth Trust ) for additional financial support.

If you live in Ickleford you can apply to Rand’s Educational Foundation, ( ) in particular for support for students transferring to university.

Family support

Please contact the Hitchin Partnership for information on all the family support that is available.